Learning at Fabrica
We believe that providing opportunities to learn for anyone is a major component of our mission to promote understanding of contemporary visual art.
The key principles which underpin our learning programmes are:
- The arts are a flexible arena in which we can evolve our individual and collective identities through engagement with ideas, images, objects and their possible meanings
- Learning at Fabrica is a multi-sensory and social activity
- Curiosity and creativity are inherent human qualities
- Artists’ ideas, values and lifestyle choices are often at odds with mainstream thinking or cultural trends. As such, artists can be inspiring, alternative role models for young or marginalised people
- Artists have a strong sense of identity. This is useful in facilitating others to develop their sense of identity and ‘voice’
- The responses of adults and young people are equally valid
We believe that people of different ages, backgrounds and abilities should be able to work with professional artists to develop and realise their own creative ideas. People for whom there are economic, cultural or other barriers to mainstream arts provision should also be given the opportunity for active engagement with the visual arts. And we know that knowledge and understanding of different cultural perspectives can be achieved through working with international and other artists who have diverse life experiences.
If you have any questions about our education programme or events please contact Ratna Jan Bibi at email@example.com