Musée des Beaux Arts, Calais
The Museum was designed by local architect Paul Pamart and opened in 1966. It replaced an earlier building destroyed in fighting in the city in 1940.
The Museum houses the old collections that survived the fire in 1940 along with more recent acquisitions focusing on five areas of interest: local history, painting, graphic arts, 19th and 20th Century sculpture ( including Auguste Rodin, Maillol, Carpeux et Bourdelle, Philippe Ramette, François Morellet, Picasso, Jean Dubuffet) and contemporary art, in particular from the UK.
Alongside the permanent collection temporary exhibitions are held every year, both accompanied by a full education programme.
Since 2009 the Museum’s lace collection has been housed in the Cité Internationale de la Dentelle et de la Mode.
Fabrica and the Musée worked together on the European funded Time and Place project.
Visit their site to find out more about the Musée des Beaux Arts, Calais.