Volunteering front of house
The majority of Fabrica’s volunteers are in a front of house role and listed below are some details of the duties, opportunities and areas where experience can be gained.
- Greeting visitors and dealing with general enquiries about exhibitions.
- Helping with mail outs.
- Installing and de-rigging exhibitions.
- Research and interpretation for upcoming shows.
- Volunteer led workshops and assisting on artist’s workshops.
- Office placements.
- Contributing to and helping with the volunteer magazine.
- Contributing to the volunteer blog.
- Attending critique evenings with the opportunity to show your own artwork.
- Attending gallery outings and networking evenings.
- Becoming an Ambassador for Fabrica
There are a number of experiences gained whilst volunteering at Fabrica which include
- Good communication skills.
- Technical skills.
- Working with diverse groups when assisting on workshops.
- Gaining knowledge about contemporary art.
- Behind the scenes knowledge of an art gallery and artists.
- Team working.
- References/ good on C.V.
- Using the Artist Resource for your own research.
- Meeting like-minded people.
If you would like to apply please download and complete the FOH Volunteer Application Form
If you have any questions check out the FAQs
If you have any further questions please contact the gallery manager Ratna Jan Bibi firstname.lastname@example.org at or on 01273 778646
Please note that Front of House volunteers are recruited at fixed points during the year and depending on the length of the waiting list and the time of the year, it may be several weeks before you are contacted.